- M.B.B.S from S.M.S Medical college, Jaipur 1993
- M.S Orthopaedics from S.M.S Medical college,Jaipur (1993-1996).
Academic Honors :
- Ranked First in M.S ORTH. Exam, 1996
- Ranked First in 1st M.B.B.S university examination in all five medical colleges of Rajasthan with honors in all three subjects and gold medals in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry.
- Ranked First in Pre-medical test, Rajasthan in 1986.
Basic Orthopaedic Training
- Senior residency from October 1996 to October 1999 at Santokba Durlabji Memorial hospital, Jaipur
- Cinical attachment with Dr. C. J Thakkar at Leelawati Hospital, Mumbai for Joint replacements ( Feb-March 2001)
- Clinical attachment at Hosmat Hospital, Bangalore for Arthroplasty June 2002
- Clinical attachment for Arthroplasty with Dr. C. J Thakkar at Bombay [Mar 2003]
- Clinical attachment at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in Orthopaedic Oncology (Feb-March 2004).
- IOAInland Fellowship in Orthopaedic Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Feb,2006.
Fellowship and Specialized Training in Joint Replacement Surgery
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery from Hospital of Special Surgery New York with Dr. C.S. Ranawat, OCT-DEC 2010
- Visiting Surgeon at Univ. of Mannheim, Heidelburg, Germany for Computer Navigation Arthroplasty, Sept, 2008
- Visiting Surgeon , Harvard Medical School , Boston with Dr. Richard. C Scott for Joint Replacements, Dec 2009.
- Visiting Surgeon Mayo Clinic Rochester with Dr. Cabanela, Dec 09.
- Visiting surgeon at Rush Medical, Chicago with Dr. Paprosky and Dr. Della Valle for Revision Surgery, Nov, 2013
- Visiting Surgeon at NASH in Columbus, Ohio, with Dr. Adolf Lombardi and Dr. Keith Berend for Partial Knee Replacements and Bicruciate Bi Uni’s,Nov 2014.
- Visiting Surgeon for Robotic Mako Partial , Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty, with Dr Hernandez, Texas , USA , NOV 2015
- INDO UK SENIOR Arthroplasty Fellowship Sept 2015, Oxford, London.
- Cadaveric Robotic training, AAHKS Meeting Dallas, Nov, 2016.
Present Clinical Appointments
- Director, Joint Replacement Services , Fortis Escorts Hospital,Jaipur
Academic and Teaching Experience
- Co-Ordinator, Fellowship Program and Education, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur.
- I have teaching experience of over ten years. I take active in terestin teaching fellows and residents, laying stress on thorough clinical examination and pre operative planning. I ensure that they understand the fine details of surgical anatomy and nuances of surgical steps during the operative procedure. Everyday’s learning or mistake is reinforced as ‘ Lesson of the Day’. Research is high on our priority and residents take active part in maintaining the database and are involved in at least one project.
- My basic Orthopaedic Training was from 1993-1996 at S.M.S Medical College which had an extremely busy trauma department. I learnt the fine art of Hand surgery in my first year of Orthopaedic Training from Dr. V. K. Pande , an eminent hand surgeon. My second and third year of residency training were in trauma and spine surgery. I gradually became interested in ‘ Reconstruction surgery of Joints’ and their anatomy and bio mechanics.
- During later part of my training, I spent three years of Senior Residency honing my skills in adult joint reconstruction. I have spent sufficient time in visiting finest centers of joint replacement surgery across the globe and learning from the masters in this field.
- Currently , the focus of my practice is Joint Replacement and Revision surgery.I have performed more than 7500 joint replacements surgeries including computer assisted joint replacements and revision surgeries.I have also had a chance to do live surgeries in other countries like Bangladesh and Vietnam.
- International Member, American Assoc. of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- Life member-Trauma society of india
- Life member- Indo German orthopaedic foundation.
- Life member-Indian Orthopaedic association.
- Life member, Indian Arthroplasty association
- Lifemember, Indian Society of Hip and Knee surgeons
- Life member, Indian Musculo-skeletal Tumor Society
- Life member, Asso.of Pelvi-Acetabular surgeons
- Member, Bombay Orthopaedic Society.
- President Elect, Indian Arthroplsty Asociation, 2018-2019
- Secretary, Indian Arthroplasty Association, 2015-2018
- Executive, Indian Society of Hip and knee surgeons
- Reviewer, Arthroplasty Today
- Organising Secretary, Indian Arthroplasty Annual Meeting, 2014,2018
- Organising Secretary, Raj Ortho Assoc Meeting, 2016
Continuing Orthopaedic Education ;Courses Attended:
- Basic Hip arthroplasty course, 2002, at Delhi
- Basic Knee Arthroplasty Course, organised by Royal college of surgeons, May 2003
- Ranawat course on Joint Replacements 2005-2016
- Indian Hip and Knee Society Meet, 2007-2016.
- Workshop on Unicompartmental knee replacements Ioacon 2006
- Workshop on Revision THR and TKRIOACON 2006
- Workshop on computer assisted navigation TKR,Bombay Nov 2006.
- Masters Hip course at Bombay, Dec,2006
- ISOLS,2007, Hamburg, Germany
- CCJR, USA, Dec, 2008.
- Delta course on Revision Arthroplasty, Delhi,Aug, 2008
- Delta Course In Revision Joint Surgery, Hyderabad, 2009
- AAOS MEETING ,Chicago, 2013
- Cadaveric Pelvi- Acetabular Course, Davos Switzerland, Nov, 2013
- American Assooc of Hip and Knee Surgeons Meet, Dallas, 2014, 2015, 2016
“Tumors of the Hand”- a study under Dr.V.K.pande, Professor of Orthopaedics, Hand surgery, SMS Hospital , Jaipur.
- Computer navigation has no beneficial effect on blood loss and transfusion in sequential bilateral total knee Arthroplasty, Jan 2019
- Safety and Efficacy of 6.2 mm Patellar Button in Resurfacing Less than 20 mm Thin Patella: A Matched Pair Analysis, June 2018
- Effect of Closed Suction Drain on Blood Loss and Transfusion Rates in Simultaneous Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective Randomized Study, Aug 2016.
- The effect of patellar replacement technique on patellofemoral complications and anterior knee pain, Journal of Arthroplasty Feb 2012.
- Choice of Knee Implant, Knee Surgery by Dr A. Rajgopal
- Patello femoral joint , IOA Textbook, 2016.
Presentations/ Faculty Lectures:
- “Anatomical Observations in a case of Judicial Hanging” co-authored with DR. M. VERMA, former head of the department of Anatomy, SMS medical college, Jaipur.
- “Milch batchelor osteotomy-the Indian perspective” read at Rajasthan orthopaedic surgeons association conference 1999 and won the best paper award.
- “Intraarticular Fractures of Proximal Tibia”- read at Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference 2002.
- “Complications of DHS” read at Indo German Orthopaedic foundation meet 2003
- “Current Concepts in Orthopaedic Oncology” read at Rajasthan Orthopaedic Surgeons association conference 2005.
- Management of Pathological Fractures, at Raj. Ortho. Surg. Assoc. meet,2006, and awarded the best paper award.
- Principles of management of pathological fractures read at Indian Ortho.Assoc. Conf. 2006
- Lets be positive about malignant bone tumors,Indo-German orthopaedic foundation ,Oct 2007
- Pre op planning in TKR, ROSACON 2007
- Cadaveric Revision Knee course, Bangkok, 2011.
- Principles of Revision TKR, state of art meet on joint replacements, Shangai, 2010.
- Managing Complex situations in THR, Vietnam Orthopaedic Association annual meet, Ho Chi Min city, Vietnam, 2011.
- Newer Bearings in THR, Bangladesh Ortho. Assoc. Meet, Dacca, 2011
- Indian arthroplasty association meet delhi, nov 2008
- Cadaveric hip and knee course, AIIMS, new delhi, ,2009, 2010, 2011
- Cadaveric hip course, Hong Kong, 2011.
- Cadaveric revision knee course, Bangkok, 2011.
- How to rotate the femur component correctly, APAS , Mumbai, August 2012.
- The All Poly Tibia in TKA- CAD Course, Mumbai, October 2012.
- TKA in Valgus Knee, Indian Arthroplasty Meet, November 2012.
- K.T DHOLAKIA Best Paper Award in ROC 2013 , Bangalore on ‘All Poly Tibia in TKR- 3-5 Year Mid Term Results.
- Reducing wear in Fixed Bearing Knees, CAS and RP course , Chennai, Feb, 2012.
- New Materials..Promises, promises….ISHKS meet Calcutta, April 2013.
- Intraoperative Tips for a Flawless TKR , Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course, Coimbatore, May 2013.
- Pain after THA, Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course, Coimbatore, May 2013.
- Extrarticular deformities in TKA, Hyderabad, August, 2013
- Video on soft tissue exposures in Revision knee, Hyderabad, August, 2013
- TKR in Extrarticular Deformities, ISHKS, April, 2014
- Asian Considerations in knee design: Open Minds Summit, Sydney, Australia. August, 2014
- Tips to do a perfect Varus Knee, Pune Live Arthroplasty course, Sept, 2014
- Case presentation, Revision Hip,AAHKS Meet, Dallas , 2014
- Do Drains increase the risk of Blood Transfusion in Bilateral knee replacements, ROC meet , Mumbai, 2015
- Case Presentation, Revision Hip, Revision Knee, ROC 2015
- Panel discussion, Grey areas in Knee replacements, Raj Ortho Surgeons Assoc , Mt Abu jan, 2015
- How to protect nerves, vessels, ligaments in TKR, ISHKS, Mumbai, April, 2015
- Drains v/s no drainage in TKR- A metanalysis, ISHKS, Mumbai, April, 2015
- Femoral Reconstruction in Revision THA, Cadaveric Revision Course, Dehradun, June 2015
- Infection in THA, ISHKS Certified Course, June 2015, New Delhi
- Choice of Hip Implant in 2015, Ganga Arthroplasty Course, Coimbatore, July, 2015
- Alignment v/s Balance in Total Knee Arthroplasty, Ganga Arthroplasty Course, Coimbatore, July 2015
- Instability in THR;Causes and Management, AIIMS Arthroplasty Course, August, 2015
- Algorithm in revision TKR, IAA –ASIA Meeting, Agra, Oct, 2015
- TKA In Post HTO Knees, IAA –ASIA Meeting, Agra, Oct, 2015
- Case presentation, Revision hip, Revision Knee, AAHKS Meeting, Dallas, Nov, 2015.
- Knee panel Discussion, Max Knee course, Chandigarh, Nov 2015
- Painful and stiff knee, Bangalore, ROC 16
- Revision knee case, Bangalore, ROC, 2016
- UNI: Worth the consideration ISHKS Meeting Chennai, April, 2016
- TKR in Obese, ISHKS Meting , April, 2016.
- Panel discussion on THR after Trauma, Guntur Arthroplasty course, April, 2016
- Indications for Oxford Uni, AOA Course, Pune, July, 2016
- Panel discussion on MCOA knee, MAX ELITE COURSE Chandigarh, October, 2016
- Panel discussion on Grey Areas in knee Arthroplasty and THR for Neglected Hip Fractures MAXX Masters Course , Vapi, October, 2016
- THR for Neglected Acetabular Fractures, Choice of Femoral Stem in Revision Hips, IAA , Delhi, Nov , 2016
- Global Considerations in UKA- Ranawat conference , Mumbai, Jan 2016
- Constitutional Alignemnt in TKA and Socket placement in Dysplasia, JROSA, Delhi, Feb, 2017
- Removal of well fixed femoral and acetabular components ISHKS, April, New Delhi 2017
- Debate Uni v/s HtO : In favour of Uni , Indian Arthroplasty Association meeting , Calcutta , October, 2017
- Is Computer Navigation necessary in TKA SICOT, Cape Town Nov 2017
- Conducted a panel on Hip TribiologyIAOCON ,Indore Dec 2017.
- Stiff and painful knee, ROC 2018. Panelist in Revision Hip and knee sessions
- Moderation of panel discussion on when to do partial and when to do Total knee in Rosacon Jan 2018 at Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Algorithm for Managing Acetabular Bone loss in Revision THA and Managing Bone Loss in Revision TKA, AACH, Hyderabad Feb, 2018
- Two Posters presentations at American Academy of Orthopaedic surgeons meeting, New Orleans , USA.
1. Is there an advantage of using subvastus approach in sequential bilateral knee arthroplasty ?
2. There is no beneficial affect of computer navigation in reducing blood loss and blood transfusion in sequential bilateral knee arthroplasty
- Moderation of a panel discussion on Early post operative complications in TKR in ISHKS meeting April 2018 at Ahmadabad
- Robotic Uni : Implant positioning and gap balancing , Pune, August 2018
- Panel discussion on Dysplasia Hips and Revision hips, SIAA , Bangalore, Sept , 2018
- Robotic Uni and TKR, Cadaveric workshop Singapore, September ,2018
- Robotic Uni , IAOCON, Coimbatore Dec ,2018
- Panel discussion ; unhappy knee post op , JSKC , Jaipur April 2019
- Robotic Uni and TKR, Chennai April, 2019
- Soft tissue reconstruction in MOM revisions and Spino pelvic relationship, ISHKS, April 2019
- Panel discussions on femoral reconstructions and instability, AACH meeting Hyderabad May, 2019
- Robotic TKR Video, IAA meeting sept ,2019
- Panelist, Revision Hip cases; IAA Sept,2019
- Basic course in total hip arthroplasty 2003 at jaipur
- Current concepts in Orthopaedic Oncology may 2004 at jaipur.
- Skill based workshop on THR at sikar and alwar, sep 2005
- Masterclass in GCTS , may 2007
- Workshop on Knee replacements, ROSACON, 2010.
- Complex Hip Arthroplasty Fortis Hospital, 2010.
- Hip conclave at Fortis Hospital, 2012.
- LIve knee course at Fortis Hospital , 2012
- IAA Indian Arthroplasty Association 10th annual Meeting, Jaipur , Nov, 2013. Organising secretary.
- Live Revision Hip Course, July 2014, Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur.
- Live Uni Course, Sept 2014, Jaipur
- Live Complex Hip Course, Dual Mobility, Jaipur , Sept, 2015
- Live surgery Knee Subvastus Approach, IOACON Workshop, Jaipur, Nov 2016
- Annual Meeting of Assoc of pelvi Acetabular Surgeons, March 2017
- Indian Arthroplasty Association Annual Meeting; Neemrana 2018
Live Surgery Demonstration:
- Computer aided TKR Jaipur 2010, relayed to jodhpur and udaipur.
- Complex THR, relayed to chennai,, 2011.
- Complex THR, Ho chi minh city, Vietnam, 2012.
- TKR and THR, Dhaka, Bangladesh, national conf, 2013.
- COMPLEX THR, Ganga Arthroplasty course, Coimbatore, 2013.
- COMPLEX TKR, Jodhpur, 2014.
- tkr and Complex thr, kanpur arthroplasty course, kanpur, 2014.
- Revision THR, Hip revision course, Jaipur, June 2014.
- REVISION THR AND COMPLEX THR, Ganga Arthroplasty Course , Coimbatore, 2015.
- Complex THR, AIIMS Arthroplasty Course, New Delhi, August, 2015
- Dual Mobility Hip, Hip Course, Jaipur, sept, 2015
- Delta Motion Hip , Jaipur, Dec, 2015.
- Live Complex Hip, UP Orthopaedic Assoc Meet, Feb, 2016
- Live TKR with Subvastus approach, Guwahati, April, 2016
- Live TKR with subvastus Approach, Guntur April, 2016.
- Live Oxford Uni, Bhilwara, 15th June, 2017
- Live Hip Replacement, Maxx Hip and Knee workshop, Delhi
- Live Robotic Uni April, 2018
- Live Robotic Uni April, 2018
- Live Robotic UNI, Pune , August 2018
- Live Robotic Uni relayed to New Delhi, August 2018
- Revision Megaprosthesis ,Proximal Femur replacement Sept 2018.
- Robotic Uni Live , Chennai workshop , April, 2019
Arthritis –Causeand Cures, in hindi ,educativebook for patients, published by Patrika Publications, 2011. Sold more than 10,000 copies.